Long, A. K. (2014). Women of Library History: Kathleen de la Peña McCook. Feminist Task Force, American Library Association. http://womenoflibraryhistory.tumblr.com/post/80061290296/dr-kathleen-de-la-pe%C3%B1a-mccook
Bensen, A. & Long, A. K. (2010). Celebrating scholarship, knowledge, and camaraderie: The 20th Anniversary of the Alice G. Smith Lecture Series. Florida Libraries, 53(1), 14-15.
Long, A. K. (Ed.). (2011). ACURIL XLI: Proceedings from the Annual Conference : The Role of Libraries and Archives in Disaster Preparedness, Response, and Research. Tampa, Fla: Association of Caribbean University, Research and Institutional Libraries. http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1000&context=acuril_2011
- Book chapters:
Long, A. K. (2017). Youth services. In K. de la P. McCook, Introduction to Public Librarianship (3rd. ed.). Chicago: ALA Editions.
Long, A. K., & McCook, K. de la P. (2011). Youth Services. In K. de la P. McCook, Introduction to Public Librarianship (2nd. ed.) (241-281). New York: Neal-Schuman.
- “Collaboration: Academic and School Librarians Working Together” Webinar. Florida Libraries Association. April 27, 2017.
- “Pura Belpré Award 20th Anniversary” Panel. Margarita Engle, Rafael Lopez, Sandra Rios Balderrama, Josie Bustos, and Alicia K. Long. Arne Nixon Center for the Study of Children Literature, California State-Fresno, California. September 2016.
- “Slimming Down: Why Not Feed Your Need to Weed?” Panel. Judy Born, Valerie Boulos, Alicia K. Long, & Ying Zhang. Panhandle Library Network (PLAN) Mini Conference, September 9, 2016. Panama City, FL. and Florida Library Association (FLA) Conference, March 2, 2016. Daytona Beach, FL.
- “Caldecotts, Newberys, Belprés, – Oh My!: All About Book Award Selection Committees” Pre-conference workshop. Florida Media in Education (FAME) Annual Conference, October 21, 2015 – Orlando, FL
- “¿Sí o no? Facts & Myths About Library Services to Latinos” Webinar. Florida Library Association (FLA). October 20, 2015.
- “Book Awards and Library Services to Latinos” Interview on “Have You Heard?” Radio Program. WSLR, 96.5 (Sarasota, FL). July 22, 2014.
- “Emerging Leaders – Team N: Noche de Cuentos/A Night of Stories” Poster Session. Alicia K. Long, Tina Chan, and Johnice Dominick. ALA Annual Conference, Anaheim, California, 2012.
- “FLA Annual Conference Recap: Leading the reinstatement of REFORMA de Florida” Panel. Alicia K. Long. Suncoast Information Specialists, John Germany Library, Tampa, FL. June, 2011.
- “Access for All: Best Practices for Libraries Serving Immigrant Communities” (panel) Lucía González, Adam Davis, Isabel Castro, and Alicia Long. FLA 2011 Annual Conference, Orlando, FL. May 4, 2011.
Graduate Research Experience:
- 2011: University of South Florida, School of Library and Information Science
- Graduate Research Assistant. Research on disaster preparedness and libraries.
- 2009-2011: University of South Florida, School of Library and Information Science
- Graduate Assistant
Awards & Scholarship
- 2015: Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute (SSLLI) Mentor
- 2012: American Library Association (ALA) Emerging Leader
- 2011: Beta Phi Mu International Honors Society Inductee
- 2010: Florida Library Association (FLA) Bernadette Stork Scholar
- 2009: American Library Association (ALA) Spectrum Scholar
- 2007-2008: University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee, Selby Scholar