- MLIS (Master of Arts in Library & Information Science) – University of South Florida
- BA in Interdisciplinary Social Sciences – University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee
- AA – Manatee Community College
- School Librarian – Institute of Higher Learning #35 – Argentina
- Adult Education Teacher – Institute of Higher Learning #35 -Argentina
- Elementary Education Teacher – Institute of Higher Learning #35 – Argentina
Awards & Scholarship
- American Library Association (ALA) Emerging Leader, 2012
- Florida Library Association (FLA) Bernadette Stork Scholar, 2010
- American Library Association (ALA) Spectrum Scholar, 2009
- Beta Phi Mu International Honors Society Inductee, 2011
- University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee, Selby Scholar, 2007-8
- Mentoring: Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute (SSLLI) Mentor, 2015
- American Library Association (ALA) includes ACRL, ALSC, and EMIERT.
- ChLA Children’s Literature Association
- REFORMA (National Association to Promote Library & Information Services to Latinos and the Spanish-speaking) including REFORMA de Florida chapter and JCLC.
- Florida Library Association (FLA)
- Suncoast Information Specialists (SIS)
- Joint Conference of Librarians of Color (JCLC) – 2022 National Conference – Conference Planning, Logistics, and Local Arrangements Committee, 2021-2022.
- REFORMA: Public Relations Committee Chair (2013-14) / CAYASC (Children and Young Adults Services Committee) member / REFORMA Store Task Force (2013)
- REFORMA de Florida chapter: Recording Secretary (2012) / Vision 2020 Task Force
- SSLLI Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute: Mentor, 2015
Specialized skills & service:
- Spanish/English: 100% Bilingual, oral & written
- French: Advanced
Computers & Technology:
- Proficient in use of Integrated Library Systems (Aleph, transitioning to Alma), Course Management Systems (BlackBoard, Canvas, Moodle), Springshare LibApps (LibGuides, LibCal, LibChat, LibWizard.)
- Experience with software and tools for creation of tutorials and learning objects, such as SnagIt, Articulate, Screencast-o-matic, Jing, Prezi, LibWizard, ProProfs, etc.
- Experience creating and teaching online courses, implementing Quality Matters principles.
- Experience with virtual reference and virtual instruction and workshops.
- Skilled in using all software applications in both Windows and IOS (Apple) platforms.
Multicultural & immigrant experience:
Originally from Argentina, I migrated to the U.S. as an adult. That makes me bilingual and bicultural. I was a teacher for 7 years in Argentina, in elementary schools and schools for adults. I became a U.S. citizen in 2006.
I have worked with immigrants in different community service projects and usually perform volunteer translation work. I enjoy working with international students and other ethnically diverse populations.
- Mentor: Take Stock in Children, 2015-present.
- Volunteer: Harvest Bayshore Community Garden, Pack a Sack, Falkner Farms Migrant Camps, Family Promise of Manatee, etc. 2007/2019.
- Volunteer: Soarin4 Literacy Program, MLK Day of Service, Dr. SeussDay/National Reading Day, Diabetes Walk, Embracing Our Differences. 2011-present.